I bought the goodies to make a new fall wreath at least a month ago. Finally I threw it together. Me and my hot glue gun.
The first thing that I did was wrap wide decorative burlap around a straw wreath. I had two rolls of the burlap. I wrapped tight and only hot glued at the very end of the wrapping (why chance burning my fingers when everything was staying in place just fine?).
Then I added a roll of thin ribbon around the burlap. I hot glued it on the back of the wreath every time it looped around.
I attempted to make a bow. It was the first time and it didn’t turn out so great. I added another tied bow on top of the bow that I made (along with an orange pumpkin) to try and make the bow look professional. I think it will take some practice to get better.
I had bought some sunflowers and leaves from Michaels. I separated them from part of their stems and put them together to make a small bouquet. I tied it together with a burlap string and then hot glued them (lots of hot glue used) to the wreath. I hot glued the bow on top of the bouquet. Finally, I attached a few of the leftover leaves to the wreath.
I love how it turned out. It really wasn’t very difficult and it started me learning how to make bows. Win – win. A splash of festivity to our house!
God bless all of you!