While I was in KS my mom-in-law gave me all sorts of scrapbook things that she acquired from garage sales and thrift stores. I’ve mentioned this before. It is always fun to get the new to me stuff. She gave me a pile of old scrapbook magazines. I must admit that I didn’t read them cover to cover but I did go through all the magazines and gleaned a few tidbits from them. Over the next few days I want to share some of it.
The magazine that this information is coming from is Creative Keepsakes. A lot has changed since these magazines were published but some things remain the same. One of these is why it is important to keep our scrapbook stash organized – it can become overwhelming at times. I am just giving a real brief hi-light of the article.
- More time to actually scrapbook. If you know where everything is then it takes less time to find it when you need it. It also makes cleanup go a lot faster.
- Less things (especially photos) misplaced or damage. The example given is photos in a shoe box – how they tend to get the corners bent and photos damaged. A lot of times you know that you have a picture but you just can’t seem to locate it. Ugh! The same thing can be applied to scrapbooking supplies. I have bent a lot of stickers.
- Not buying duplicates. I have bought duplicates of different scrapbooking supplies because I have either forgot that I owned them or I can’t find them and really need that Item immediately. Pretty wasteful. Usually the duplicate shows up soon after the new item is bought.
- Cheaper in the long run. At first proper storage may seem like it cost too much but it is really economical when considering there is much less chance of damage to the supplies that have already been purchased. Scrapbooking supplies can be pricey.
- Finally, when our supplies are organized there is less stress and more productivity. Scrapbooking should be enjoyable. Let’s make it more so by doing what we can to keep our things organized. My things are much neater and organized than they use to be but I still have a lot of room for improvement.
Hope this helped to encourage you. What I try to do is every time I scrapbook I try to put everything away and then do one or two extra things to make everything a little nicer. Doesn’t always happen but it does for the most part.
Hope you weekend is wonderful!